Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Whoopsie doodle! (What a Frenzy!)

Well...that was a pretty long hiatus, wasn't it? >_< Honestly, where I first started this blog, I wasn't really comfortable posting any pics or tutorials because I felt that I still had a loooong way to go and that my skills weren't "good enough" to post. Now I have more faith in myself (and I've been studying my *points back there* off) and I'm ready to show ya what I got! ^_^

I'm still learning how to take better care of my nails (AND better pictures. UGH.) so I can't say that I'll be posting a NotD (Nail of the Day). Maybe more like Nail of the Week or something. So...without further adieu, here's my first ever nail post! *fanfare*




Sorry about the blurriness. Still learning how to best capture sparkles.



Ahhhh, now that's a better pic! My love for Funky French Manis (FFM) came about quite accidentally. I was wearing Sinful Colors' Show Me the Way and it began to chip off everywhere but my tips. I was in love with how it looked, so I decided to play around and see if I could do it on purpose. Turns out I can and so can you! ^_^ The only thing I would've done differently is I would've layered Frenzy over a purple polish to get maximum color payoff.


Products Used

Sephora De-Yellowing Serum as a base coat

Sinful Colors' Frenzy on the tips (about 3 thick coats since it's a clear polish with sparklies)

Icing Chip Resistant Diamond Shield (which totally works since the mani lasted for about a week. Record!)

Have you ever worn a FFM? Love it, hate it, or MEH? Lemme know!


Frenzied in Chicago,

Velvettine

1 comments:

Lakish said...

Ooh!! Cute! I love purple nails :)

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration